Last updated January 25th, 2022
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your Personal Information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Data Security
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this Policy?
- How can you contact us about this Policy?
- How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect Personal Information that you provide to us.
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website, or otherwise when you contact or interact with us.
The Personal Information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The Personal Information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We may collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; mailing addresses; billing addresses; account numbers; and other similar information (“Personal Information”).
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information—such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics—is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use Personal Information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your Personal Information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
- Administer prize draw and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draw and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or third-party marketing partners may use the Personal Information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect Personal Information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third partied who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
In short: We may share your information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your Personal Information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We may share information with the following types of third parties.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- With affiliates or subsidiaries, business partners, service providers, or other third parties we use to provide you with the Services and its contents and functions. We use third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as billing and payment processing.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To any other third party disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wave Energy, our customers, or others.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to proves your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that Personal Information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
What are your privacy rights?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. Note that some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
- Promotional Offers from Wave Energy. If you do not wish to have your information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Certain data protection laws may provide you with more privacy rights than those listed above, depending on your citizenship or residency.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your Personal Information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories or personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
This section is our Privacy Notice for California Residents (the “Notice”) and applies to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers,” or “you/your”) and use our Services. This notice is provided to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice. This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
What categories of Personal Information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months. We collect different types of information from users, and we use and/or disclose this information for different business purposes. The chart below identifies the personal information we may collect and lists the parties with whom we may share this information and for what business purpose:
|Category of Personal Information||Specific Personal Information that may be collected||Purpose of collecting the Personal Information||Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected||Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?||Categories of third parties with which the Personal Information may be shared||Purpose of disclosing or sharing Personal Information|
|Identifiers||Name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number; financial payment information; IP address; electronic signature; account information||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||From you||Yes||Service Providers||Business processes|
|Commercial information.||Bank account details, contact information, transaction/order history||To support business transactions||Your transactions with us||Yes||Service Providers (payment processor, shipping companies)||Business processes|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||IP address; browser type and version; Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||To allow access to and optimize our website||From you and third-party technologies||No (but we may share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our service providers)||Service Providers||Improve Website functionality, services|
|Geolocation data.||Unique identifiers and your location and ZIP code||Personalization||From you and your devices||Yes||Service Providers to help us deliver your products||Business processes|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Your product or service preferences based on responses to our own or our third party’s marketing or promotions||Personalization||From you and external data sources||In limited circumstances||Marketing partners||Marketing|
How do we collect Personal Information?
How do we use and share your Personal Information?
We do not sell your Personal Information. We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the purposes listed in the chart above.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Your Rights” section), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to be informed – Request to know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Your Rights” section), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request;
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this documents. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the CCPA may limit your exercise of these rights.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Do we make updates to this POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information
How can you contact us about this POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Wave Energy Services
377 Valley Road Suite 2520
Clifton, NJ 07013
Phone: 1 (866) 802-9283
How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by emailing us at email@example.com